Monday, December 30, 2013

New year, fresh start!

Now that it's that time of year again, which is so hard to believe, I figured it would be a good time to make  a post about my goals/resolutions for the new year. I have a good feeling that 2014 is going to be pretty awesome. 






1.  I think everyone says this every January 1st but getting back into shape is a big priority for me this year. I was having such a good year last year from January to May, I had lost about 13 pounds and close to 30 inches and was feeling really good.I was developing good eating habits and getting a lot stronger. I've gained a large amount of weight with this pregnancy, which looking back even though I was unable to exercise I made a lot of poor decisions with food. There's nothing I can do about it now, and my due date is in 2 weeks so after that I'll be able to get back into it full force.

I want to be back to my pre pregnancy weight by the summer, and then hopefully be down an additional 10-15 before the year is done. Weight isn't the number one factor for me, I like to go by inches lost and how I look/feel so those are really just some loose guidelines.

2.  I want to really put more effort into my photography this year. About 1.5 years ago I decided I wanted photography to be more then an occasional hobby for me, I invested in a fairly decent camera and a couple lens and started doing some shoots here and there. Unfortunately my actual job and life got in the way and I wasn't able to put the time or effort into improving into like I wanted to. This year since I'll be on maternity leave and will have an adorable new subject to shoot at home I want to really work on the more technical parts to it and get back into what I love.

3.  This isn't really a resolution more so a pact with myself but I want to make sure I'm a good parent. When I was growing up my parents weren't the most hands on, do activities together sort of people. I want to have a good close relationship with my children. I want to spend time outside and together as a family doing fun activities and just making sure I am there for him.

What are your resolutions/goals for the new year? Id love to hear about them

No comments:

Post a Comment